Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Christmas Card Challenge - Day 28

Two more days to go....  Wow.  Today's prompt at Scrappin'-n-Chattin' was Snow and Embossing.  How fun.  I chose a sketch to use again today.  I saw this sketch yesterday, and it kind of intimidated me.  But I gave it a try.  I'm not sure I like how the card turned out, but I'm hoping it will grow on me.  The sketch is from Unscripted Sketches....


The challenge at Jingle Belles this week is BINGO.  I love these type of challenges, so I wanted to give it a try.  Since I had to create a card with embossing, I chose the diagonal line - Embossing, Flowers, Bling.


And here's my card.  I knew I wanted to use the blue cardstock embossed with snowflakes.  I switched out the squares several times.  I probably should have included red squares and a red flower for a little pop.  I put crystal bling in the center of several snowflakes and on the dot of "j" on the sentiment.


I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday - Bling It Up

Thanks for looking....

6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the layered embellishments ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

Céline said...

You did a wonderful job on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at DDCC!!

Geri said...

I am totally loving this mission that you are on and so glad that you are using our Unscripted sketches for inspiration! I admire your talent and perserverance (hmmm, did I spell that right?). You are on the home stretch now!

lauren bergold said...

what a unique and lovely holiday card, it's a great take on the sketch AND our BINGO challenge! thanks for playing along with us this week at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Patrice said...

Nice use of the snowflakes...thanks for linking up at Unscripted Sketches this week!

dstandard said...

So pretty - love the embossing! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!