Saturday, August 18, 2012

Christmas Card Challenge - Day 18

Wow....  It's August 18th.  The 18th day of the Christmas card challenge.  The prompt today at Scrappin'-n-Chattin' was Sweets.  I'm sure I have several items that would have qualified for this challenge, but I used a border that I have had for a very long time.

I used a sketch for my card tonight.  I used the new sketch at The Sweet Stop.  There was also and extra challenge with the sketch - to use Die Cuts or Punches.


The Christmas cookie border and sentiment tag are actually cardstock die cuts.  But I also use used a border punch on the red and white cardstock I matted the border strip with.


I am also entering my card into the challenge at Allsorts.  The challenge is called Heavy Metal and it's to include metal on your project.  I used a silver, metal brad to secure the sentiment tag to the card.

Thanks for looking...

3 comments:

Shannon White said...

Such a Sweet Christmas Card! Love the festive plaid dp's and Fun die cut border and tag too! So glad you could join us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Sarah said...

Aww, such a cute festive card Sue. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our Heavy Metal challenge x

Shelby Goolsby said...

What an adorable Christmas card!! I love the tag and cute border. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop.