Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just in the nick of time...

I didn't get near as much done this weekend as I wanted. Isn't that always the way? I really wanted to participate in the blog hops that happened over the weekend and get a page done for The Paper Variety. Sadly, none of that happened. But as luck would have it, I am forced to take a day off from work because I have too much vacation time built up. The only day this week I could take off was Tuesday. Cool, if I planned it right, I could get a layout done and uploaded before the noon deadline today.

The challenge this week at TPV was "Let's See Your Green". Your layout is to be at least 50% green.


I love Kermit, and all muppets for that matter.... Anyway. I had no idea what photo I was going to use for this challenge, right up until 10:00 this morning. I had Morgan's and Courtney's school photos printed on the desk in the scrapbooking room, but neither of them were wearing anything with green in it. So I started looking through some of my collections and came across the Basic Grey Green at Heart collection. Yep, that was it.....

Well, I needed a sketch to follow of course. I had looked over several the night before and I chose the March 7th reveal at Sassy Lil' Sketches.


I flipped the sketch to fit Morgan's school photo. She is growing up so fast, and isn't she pretty? I think the colors in the collection were perfect to coordinate with her shirt, and I got my green in there.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope to get a couple more projects done today. It's so nice to be able to relax some, and not worry about what I have to get done though.

7 comments:

Suzy said...

beautiful layout Sue! green at heart is one of my FAVORITE basic grey collections. The black stitching is perfect. thanks for sharing your GREEN at tpv ;)

Sarah said...

I love how you turned the sketch, and the colours are just perfect for the photo. Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Lil' Sketches!

Missy Whidden said...

So beautiful! I love your papers and the colors...soo pretty! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Lil' Sketches!

Tone K. said...

Very prettye !
I just love your bright spring colors. Great patterned paper too...and a beautiful photo ! :o)
Wish you a nice weekend !
:o)

Kristie W. said...

This made me smile! What a bright happy page and great take on the sketch. I'll need to check that one out!

Melenia Agapides said...

I love the way you turned the sketch!! The papers are fabulous, too! Great job!!

Raechelle Bellus said...

such a pretty layout to match a pretty photo. Love the fun pp you've used.