Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Coming

For several weeks now, some of my friends on Facebook have been sharing signs of spring in their yards. When the first photos appeared, we still had a foot of snow on the ground. We still have some covering about half of the front yard, but I witnessed our first signs of spring on Thursday!! The daffodils near the front deck are coming up.

Today is Sunday and time again for the weekly challenge at Lasting Memories. The challenge this week is one of my favorite kinds of challenges - A 1, 2, 3 Recipe. I used 3 photos I took on Thursday, showing all the snow still in the front yard and the daffodils coming up, even through the snow. I followed the current sketch from Scrap A Little! Sketches. I first saw the sketch before I took the photos. I took the pictures with the sketch in mind.


The photos may be a bit tough to see on the layout, so I am including just the photo of the flowers also. The recipe is to use 1 - Diecut, 2 - Brads and 3 - layers.


As luck would have it, one of the challenges at Scrappin-n-Chattin this month is to use a Diecut as a background. I'm going to use this layout as my 2nd entry for this challenge. I can't wait to see what everyone cooks up this week. Be sure to check out the rest of the inspiration the design team has to offer.

7 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Sue

Gorgeous layout, love the flower pictures and the gem swirl is amazing.

Hugs Ali x

Sandi said...

I am so glad to hear that spring is finally arriving in your neck of the woods. What a beautiful layout to document the much anticipated arrival of spring. I love seeing your work.

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love it! You designed it perfectly for the sketch! I noticed you're waiting till I post! I can do it now, REALLY!

Unknown said...

Great LO. Love the bling swirl. My tulips are about 4 inches out so hopefully no more snow

Tracey said...

Great Layout Sue! The flourish looks so pretty.
For a laugh check out my blog....The first and only time I planted bulbs , well have a look to see what happened.
Tracey

Kristie W. said...

Great take on the challenge Sue! We finally got some green in our yard, hopefully the impending snow won't kill it all!

Chris said...

this is a gorgeous lo! love the swirled brling with the butterfly!