Sunday, March 13, 2011

Green and White Challenge

Good morning. I hope everyone has found some crafty time this week and weekend. Happy early St. Patrick's Day.

This week's Lasting Memories challenge is to use GREEN and WHITE. One of my fellow DT member has very generously offered to sponsor the challenge this week. Leisa, who is a CTMH consultant is supplying CTMH's "Lucky paper pack, blue ribbons, assortment of "Lucky" embellishment, Thickers letters and a hand-made card. What an awesome prize.


Honestly, I struggled with this challenge this week. I'm sure it was due to my choice of paper, but once I cut into it, I made it work. I recently took advantage of some deals at Crafty Steals. I got several packs of paper and embellishments that they had previously offered. My package arrived earlier in the week, and I was excited to start using them. For my layout, I used American Crafts Blue Skies paper along with some DCWV cardstock.

I am still on my multiple photo kick. I was pretty excited to see this week's sketch at Sketchy Thursdays. It's a 2 pager, with 5 photos. I loved the size variety of the photos.


One of the pages I was longing to work on, with multiple photos, was something with garden photos from last year. I feel bad that I am not documenting the gardens very well. Last year we made a few chances, one of which was adding an extensive garden area on either side of the baby barn in the backyard. We actually started this in 2009, but most of the work was completed last year. On each side of the barn is a rose garden. As the gardens proceed away from the barn, other types of plantings are used.

The photos in this layout are not limited to the new gardens though. They include multiple gardens in the yard, just some of my favorite photos of flowers from last year. There will be more garden pages to come, with more specific detail.

This is page 1. I love this peach rose. Such a striking photo. This is part of the new garden. The upper right photo on this page is the garden right outside of the scrap room window. The creeping phlox is breathtaking when it's all in bloom. The bottom right photo is a part of the new garden, early in the spring before most of the plantings were done. We still are not done with plants yet. We are taking our time, trying to make wise choices regarding color and growing habits.


Page 2 shows a photo of our azalea that is located right off the front deck. This poor plant has really had it rough. When Stew planted it about 5 or 6 years ago, it was eaten to the ground by the deer. He was shocked that it survived. He also had a large grass that was planted to the right of it, that just kept growing and crowding the poor thing. We moved the grass in 2009 and the azalea could not be happier. The clematis is also in the scrap room garden, growing on a trellis right outside the window. The color was just spectacular.


And here are the pages together.


I hope you will get your green on and show us your creation. You have until 9pm on Saturday to enter your layout at Lasting Memories.

10 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Wow Sue, wonderful take on the sketch and such gorgeous flower pictures.

Hugs Ali x

beth said...

Sue your gardens are beautiful. I live roses and that peach color is gorgeous. Your lo is wonderful. I love the green and that border punch. The sun/flower cut is perfect too. You did a great job!

Suzy said...

Beautiful layout Sue! :)

Kristie W. said...

The flowers are beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more pages about your garden :) I love all the butterflies you added!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Gorgeous LO!

Unknown said...

Beautiful LO, great garden

lisa said...

What stunning photos to scrap.
Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays x

Unknown said...

My, what a beautiful garden you have. Thanks for playing with us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

Keshet said...

This is so fun! Thanks for joining us at ST this week!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! this is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos and the butterflies!!! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)