Saturday, September 17, 2011

1954

Today I created a page that is not for a design team. I am using it for several challenges though.

I really wanted to join the Lasting Memories challenge this week. The challenge is Black and White - including the photos. I decided on Sunday when I saw the challenge that I wanted to use an older photo. I picked one of my father from 1954.

Next, I needed a sketch. I hadn't been able to do a layout for Sketch Inspiration in a while, so I checked there first. This will work.


Now I needed to come up with some embellishments. I checked other challenge site for some inspiration. On Frosted Designs, the Fabulous Friday challenge is to use punches on your project. I used 3 of my scalloped circle punches to create the lollipop flowers on the page.

And here's my page......


The photo was taken in Indianapolis. I don't know the circumstances. My aunt had given me a number of photos of my father when I was first married. I am so glad to have them.

I am also going to use this page as my 52 Week Challenge entry at the Yahoo Group Scrappin'-n-Chattin'. It will also be entered into the monthly challenges there as well. We are being challenged this month to enter layouts at challenge sites.

Thanks for looking.

12 comments:

Kristie W. said...

This is gorgeous, Sue!! Everything goes together wonderfully, love the flowers!! Great bling too, I was just looking at those in Michaels today! Good luck on all the challenges!

Jenny Evans said...

This is such a beautiful layout! Love the design and the border punch around the edge of the page! Great job, and thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs this week!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful page. I'm so glad you had gotten some pictures of your father, even though you don't know the event or dates, but this is a wonderful way to keep them around. I love those lollipop flowers also.
Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

Cindy Gay said...

A very neat page and great matted photos of your Dad!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Hi Sue, stunning LO! Love these old photos!

Vicki said...

Great layout Sue. I love the border punch and the bling. Neat that you have the older photos. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Vicki
vwilson577 at yahoo.com

TeenaBugg38 said...

This is beautiful!!

The Bookin Room said...

Such a classy layout! I love the lollipop flowers and the big numbers for your title....never thought of that before...maybe scraplifting that from you! he he he Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
xoxo Charity LMDT

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Just cked Lasting Memories site & saw you made Top 3 at Lasting Memories LMCB#55 "It's All In Black & White." Congrats.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout!!! Thank you for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!!!

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

Beautiful black and white photos! Your punched flowers add a nice touch, without being too feminine in the black paper you chose! Hope to see you create with us again at Frosted Designs! **Roberta

all the days of our life said...

Very elegant. Gorgeous work.Thank you for playing with us this week at Frosted Designs.