Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pearls and Lace

Wow. I can't believe that we have finally had a sunny day here in the northeast. It rained I think 7 days in a row. The gloom was getting very old. We took advantage of the wonderful day and met Kristie, the owner of Birthday Sundaes, at Hobby Lobby and then took our doggies to a Pet Palooza event at our local fairgrounds. It was a great day and it was wonderful to meet Kristie, her husband and doggie in person.

This week's challenge at Birthday Sundaes is to use pearls and lace on a birthday card. I know this will be a breeze for a lot of our followers. It was a little challenging for me since I don't have a lot of females to make cards for. But someone I work with has a birthday in August, actually the same day as mine. And our names are both Sue S. What a coincidence. So I created this card for her....


I can't wait to see all of the wonderful creations this week. Check out the awesome cards the design created with pearls and lace.

5 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Any girl at SNC would love girly birthday cards from you! I love how this turned out, the lace peeking out is a great touch. The butterfly paper from Basic Grey is some of my favorite. I'm pretty sure I have a sheet or two of it hoarded lol!

Tara said...

loving all the buterflies this week! Great minds think alike ;)I also love the retro look of your card!
Tara

Vivi Martínez said...

Great paper and great design for a girly card. I am sure "the other you" (lol) (friend) will love it.
Glad to hear that you had a great day with Kristie.
Hugs,
Vivi

Anonymous said...

This card has the WOW! factor, from the colors to the design to all the little detail... It is BEAUTIFUL....HUGS...SK :)

Tracey said...

Beautiful paper Sue! Butterflies go with lace so well...very pretty card.