Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I love balloons

I have always wanted to watch hot air balloons going up. They have a balloon festival here in the next county over every year, but we have never gone. This year, they had multiple launch sites with evening launch times. The fairgrounds are just over the river from us, about 15 or 20 minutes away. They were scheduled to have 3 balloons go off on Friday evening. So we went over to watch. It was pretty cool watching them unpack the balloons and baskets, then filling them up. It was breathtaking watching them float into the air. So worth the trip.

I found that some of the photos I took at the launch would make a perfect layout with this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch. The sketch is for a 2 page layout, and I was so excited about that.


For the large photo on the left side of the layout, I created a collage of 8 photos of one of the balloons inflating.


I used Echo Park's Sweet Summertime collection for this layout. So cool that it had a balloon die cut and the colors were perfect. This is the right side of the layout.

And both pages together.


Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME!!! My Mama loves hot air balloons too!!! LOVE those photos!!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

Oh, I love those hot air balloon shows!!! Great pics!

Suzy said...

Love how you made the collage of the inflated balloon pics. I NEED that collection! :) Great layout Sue.

beth said...

I love that Echo Park collection and the way you used it with your photos. Great photos btw! Great job using the sketch too.