Sunday, August 14, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #22



Good Sunday morning. We have had a couple of good weather days Friday and Saturday, and it looks like we will pay for it Sunday. It's supposed to be hot, humid and rainy all day. Oh well, we really do need the rain. Makes it a good excuse to craft right?
This week's challenge at Birthday Sundaes is all about the brads. We want to see at least 3 brads on your cards, along with a birthday sentiment. August is a busy birthday month for me. And this week my youngest son celebrate's his 23rd birthday. So I used this challenge to make his card. I used a bunch of scraps to make it. I love when I do that. I have WAY too many scraps.

I have decided I am going to try to use more card sketches. This week I chose the August Week #2 sketch at Sassy Lil' Sketches to create my card. I really liked this sketch and will likely use it again.


And here is my take....



Go check out the wonderful cards that the design team created. They are so talented. I love checking out the BS blog every Sunday to see what everyone made. I hope you will share your birthday card with brads this week.

15 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

You ahve been a busy lady!!! I love those embossed circles :):)

:: Samantha KT :: said...

Love the embossed circles and the Bo Bunny stripe paper! (Have some of the exact same paper in my stash too!) Fab job!
Samantha

Lisa said...

LOVE your take on this Sassy sketch! Very very pretty! Hope to see you at Sassy sketches sometime!

Maribel said...

I love how you embossed the circles! Great choice in papers and colors too!
Maribel

Tara said...

Love your sentiment stamp!
Tara

Kristie W. said...

Great take on the sketch! Love the embossed circles. You always make the neatest masculine cards!

Scrapenabler said...

Love your card and I loved the embossed texture.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! That sentiment is gorgeous!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Great card with fab colours and embossing. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Lil Sketches a d good luck.

Marie

VanessaB said...

super fun card! love your take on the sketch. thanks for playing at sls! :)

Kimberly J. said...

Love the Sketch and how you incorporated it on your card!! Great card :)

Jamie Fox said...

LOVE these colors, makes me dream of fall! Thanks for playing along at Sassy Lil Sketches and good luck!! :)

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

I really love your take on the Sassy sketch and love your colors. Thanks for playing.

Tracey said...

Great take on the sketch....the embossed circles look really good!

A Sarasota said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing at Sassy Lil!