Sunday, January 9, 2011

Scrap Your Style

Welcome to our blog hop at Lasting Memories. I hope you are having fun meeting the new design team today. If you reached my blog from Heather's blog, you are in the right place. If not, you will want to start here, at Lasting Memories Challenge blog to start in order.

This week’s challenge is to show us your personal style. How cool is that? What is your favorite technique, tool, or color to use on your layouts?

One of my favorite things to use are border punches. I had decided early in the week that I wanted to use a new butterfly border punch I got on Thanksgiving on the page for this challenge. Another favorite tool I love to use are sketches. I went in search of a sketch by Julie Bonner for this layout. I found one that she created for My Creative Scrapbook.


I actually used 2 border punches on this layout. The butterfly border (Martha Stewart) on across the bottom, and the scallop edge (EK Success) strips along the sides of the elements are the punches that I used.

The papers are from my favorite paper company Echo Park - Walk in the Park. I also punched some butterflies using Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punches. I added some pearls along the center of each of the butterflies.

Thanks for visiting. I hope that I have inspired you to show us your style in the challenge this week. Now, continue your journey on our blog hop and be inspired by Ali.

10 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Sue

Lovely page, great pictures and the borders work perfectly.

Hugs Ali x

Nancy said...

I just love butterflies. Great layout Sue. Welcome to Lasting Memories..Oh the puppy is adorable as well!!

April said...

Sue, this is beautiful!!! I love the way you used the border punches. :) Very sweet page...
- April

Lauren said...

What a cute layout (and dog)! I love the butterflies! I'm excited to be on the DT with you!

Lauren

Suzy said...

I love sketches and border punches too! I just got a new one - MS doily lace. I may have to try this sketch with it! :)

Denise Pustelniak said...

Beautiful LO! Love that you use WORD for journaling also! I can tell I'm gonna get sidetracked again!

Heather said...

I love your lo. The butterflies are great. I love Echo park too!

TeenaBugg38 said...

super cute!! of course I don't think a bad layout can be made with a Julie Bonner sketch anyway...but you rocked it!!! And I heart Echo Park!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful layout, such soft delicate colours. Love all the butterflies and the border punches work perfectly.
Hugs
Dawn x

Tkat said...

oh i love this sketch -- and the layout u've created! absolutely beautiful! :)