Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Simple Page In Motion

One of the challenges at SnC this month is to create a tutorial. When I first read it, I thought I won't be able to do that. But by the afternoon I had an idea, and I did it.
















This technique is something that I saw DIY's Scrapbooking probably 6 years ago or so. The photo is almost as old. The quality of the photo was not very good because it was taken inside a dark circus tent, but I knew I wanted to create a layout with it using this technique. It's a photo of my nephew Jarred.

So here is the technique:

Supplies:
A photo or photos for your page
Background paper
Paper for a border
18”-20” of ribbon













Die cut for the slider. I cut a horse on my Cricut from the Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge at 5".


















Scrap piece of photo or photo paper, about ½” x ¼”

Directions:
Cut a border strip. This should be at least 2” high. I cut mine 4” high. Decorate as you would like near the top and bottom of the strip. I inked the edges of mine with Distress Ink.

Cut 2 slits in the border strip about ¼” apart with a craft knife. Make sure to leave space at both ends and the top and bottom of border. I left 1” at each side, and almost centered the slits from top to bottom.
















Secure center of ribbon to the center of the strip of scrap photo, forming a cross. This will form your tab.



















Slip tab through slit on the border.
















Secure your die cut to tab on the front of the border.
















Secure border to page. Make sure to not place glue near the sliding element.

















Move the slider by pulling the ribbon on each side.


3 comments:

April said...

Very cool Sue!!!

Sandi said...

Love this layout Sue and the slider...never saw anything like this before! Very creative and a great tutorial!

Me-Ma Kim said...

GREAT JOB, Sue!